December 09, 2006

Reach for the Stars



What does this phrase mean to you?

I think that it means, to go for the best, to expect the best. However, I was thinking about this lately. Now I do not think that there is anything wrong with having high expectations. But, I was just thinking, when we do this, do those around us suffer? Do we?

If we always have the ideal in our mind, then are we truely looking at the bigger picture. Are we missing the other things in life, because we have our eyes on the prize. In childhood, we did not have a problem, reaching for the stars, in fact everything around us, encouraged that. So what happens when we become adults? I think that we are encouraged that dreams, aren't realistic.

When did the mentality change? When did dreams, need to become realistic goals? Why are we encouraged to dream in the first place?

We change our minds so much in life. I don't think that it is a bad thing. Change is good. I need to focus on embracing change a little more often

Well that is my thought for the day, hope you enjoy!

0 comments:

Playlist



Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Free Ebooks