July 08, 2007

Vacation

We had a great vacation! It was nice to spend time together as a family and see some new stuff, and visit some new places.

We left Thursday afternoon and stopped at Frankenmuth. We ate their famous chicken dinner, but the hotel we stayed at gave us an upgrade, so instead of just chicken we had four other meats. You know that you are eating a big meal, when even the waitress comments about it. lol. Well, we saved room for dad's favorite treat icecream. I will put a picture of the cute little Bavarian people in our ice cream. The next day we went to the Riverview shopping place, and took a ride on the Bavarian Belle, which is a steamboat.

Then we went to Bronners.

Oh My Goodness, I have never seen so much Christmas stuff in my life. There was every type of ornament that you could image. Well except for one thing. I wanted to start collecting keys. You know like old skeleton keys, and I couldn't find a key ornament. But it is very possible that I could have missed it. I now have an ornanment with my name on it, it is a stocking. Our whole family has matching ornaments.

Let's see then we drove to Cadillac, MI. And stayed in a hotel for the night. Ate at Cullivers, which is quickly becoming a family favorite. We even had it for dinner tonight, lol.

Then the next day we got up and drove into Traverse City. And went to the CHERRY FESTIVAL!!

As I have said this is my favorite festival, don't know if I have been to that many others. But I love cherries!! And they have cherry everything there, cherry jam, cherry soda, cherry cream soda, cherry rootbeer, cherry salsa, cherry tea, cherry pie, cherry sundaes, cherry honey mustard. I mean everything!!

We bought: Cherry Jam, Cherry BBQ sauce, Cherry Chocolate Sauce, cherries (duh, lol) and chocolate covered dried cherries.

WE also got to see an airshow while we were there, and I don't think I had ever seen one so that was really neat.

That afternoon we went to this really good BBQ place. It was Memphis style and really good. But I guess I said that already. I got pulled pork. But Jackie got this HUGE baked potatoe, with sour cream, butter, cheese, bacon and topped with pulled pork. She couldn't even finish it, I mean that thing was huge.

We took a break and went back to the festival and looked around some more. Then when we had had enough we went back to the hotel.

It was a long ride back home. We stopped in this little restaurant in Grayling, and there were so many people there. The waitress said it had never been that busy before. It was good food.

I did get to finish a book on the trip home and I also am now 1/2 way through a book I started on the way home.

It feels good to be home. But it was a great vacation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you had a great vacation. Ted and I honeymooned up in the Traverse Bay area and experienced a little bit of the "cherry love" while we were up there. The festival sounds like a lot of fun!

Kendra Lynn said...

That sounds like a lot of fun.
I have always wanted to go to the Cherry Festival, but haven't had the opportunity yet..maybe next year.

Love,
Kendra

Playlist



Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Free Ebooks