July 10, 2007

For a Season

Something that I heard a while ago on a movie I was watching is that some people are in our lives for a season. And some people are in our lives for a lifetime. We run in to trouble when we try to make the seasonal people last for a lifetime.

I think that this is so true. There are some people who enter our lives like a consuming force. They surround us with their love and life. And these people can last our lifetime, because even when they are gone we think about them. We recall the memories of the person.

There are other people, who just don't seem to last as long as others. Who are great for a time. But distances are put between you and the other person. It is great to have them around for a time, but you just don't seem to think much about the person after they have gone. Maybe this is a sad thought, but I guess I am being brutally honest tonight.

Where do we categorize God?

God has taken my life, and transformed it. Before I began my relationship with God, I was headed down a path of destruction. I made mistakes, and I payed some consequences. And then I met God. He took me off the path that I was on, and showed me a new road.

He forgave me of all of the mistakes, and He turned me around. I don't know where I would be today, if it hadn't been for God's love. And maybe life hasn't been perfect, since I started serving God. I have had lows in my life. But the good times, and the blessings of God far out way the bad.

For all that God had done in my life, I can not let Him become a seasonal character in my life. I thank Him everyday, for what He has done in my life and in the life of my family. And I will serve Him for a lifetime.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Deep! I'm sure the movie you quoted was a good one but I must say there is one type of relationship that was left out. That would be those missed. Often we meet someone who we would like to build a lifetime relationship with yet find ourselves unable to express how we feel. In time we part ways like a seasonal type relationship but they are never out of our thoughts for long.
May God continue to bless you in all you do.

Playlist



Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Free Ebooks