August 13, 2006

Vacation

The vacation was really wonderful. It was a nice time for myself, and a chance for my family to reconnect. During the last few months, my family has been a strong pillar, when the building of my life seemed to crumble around me. They were one of the pillars still standing when the dust settled. There were other pillars left standing, and a few new ones. I love them and thank them dearly. But with all of that, still it is nice to have a time where it is just the family, enjoying one another's company.

We left last Saturday, and began our journey. We stopped to eat a Cracker Barrel about half way to Indiana. One thing that I love about our vacations is each one is started with prayer. We got to see a demonstration of Gods protection shortly after we stopped to eat. There was an accident on the highway, which of course means traffic. So we were at a standstill, and all of a sudden, a suv comes screaming across the median toward the stopped cars. I started pleading the name of Jesus. The suv hit two cars ahead of us. Thankfully no one seemed to be badly injured. I thank God for sparing our family!

We got to the campground without any other incidents, and set up camp rather quickly. Then went to McDonald's for dinner. I know that is some authentic camping there lol. The next day we spent mainly at the campsite. That was nice. On Monday we went to Amish Acres, which was very unique. I really enjoyed it. Amish Acres Website. It was very neat to spend some time looking at the Amish way of life. The dinner was delicious, there was soo much food!

The next day we went back to Amish country, to visit the flea market in Shipshewana. Which everyone enjoyed. After that we went to the meat and cheese store, and got some, get this, meat and cheese. We got jerky, which was pretty good. And some really good cheese. I wanted to get it out every night to snack on. On Wednesday we stayed mainly around the campground, and read. I started a new book, which reminds me, I must update my reading list.

Thursday, we went to a Buffalo Preserve. It would be hard to describe all that we learned on this tour. But there was a lot. We actually rode, in a large truck, right out into the middle of the herd. They are fastenating animals, and on the preserve, not considered livestock. They are not fat lazy animals, like some people think, they are actually agile and muscular animals. Friday we spent the day packing up, and was on the road by 12 and home in time to go to the Childrens Crusade.

In the evenings is a very nice time for my family. We spend the time around the campfire. And we even do the cliche of roasting marshmallows and making smores. We made them with dark chocolate, and they were really good! Then we go into the camper and play games. It is a lot of fun!

Oh I promised something about groundhogs. We were visited by groundhogs during the day and raccoons at night. So much fun. I had never really seen a groundhog before, but apparently they like garbage, yuck!

0 comments:

Playlist



Free Blogger Templates by Isnaini Dot Com. Powered by Blogger and Free Ebooks